Friday, March 30, 2012

Weeks End Wind-Downs (& Ups)


Photo from a year ago. I wish it were this Springy this weekend!

Hello, Friday! I am SO happy that this week is finally coming to a close. This first week back at school after enjoying Spring Break has been insane due to my procrastination over the holiday week. Tisk tisk! Endless amounts of reading (Dicken's Hard Times WILL be the death of me), paper writing, and studying along with close to 30 hours of work has totally consumed my life this week and I am exhausted!  I can't be too exhausted however, because the Cesar Chavez Day weekend ahead here in Chico is a big one, maybe even the biggest celebrated holiday of CSU- Chico students. Usually, the campus is closed, the weather is nice, everyone is letting loose in their ponchos, sombreros, clad in fake mustaches, slip & sliding their day away on make-shift tarps covered in soap. I personally find it pretty offensive but it's a Chico tradition. This year it falls on a Saturday which is shaping up to be pretty gloomy and rainy. We will party on anyways! As I wind down my week and mentally and physically (many, many gym sessions have gone down this week) prepare for the copious amounts of Coronas and Margaritas I'll find myself downing, I'd like to share some links to blogs, music, recipes, clothing, and more that I've been following this week!




1.) Stop by and take a peep at my friend Olivia's awesome vintage rose nail art tutorial. She's adorable and these nails are the perfect touch of Spring!

2.) My first ever blog post from back in 2010. I loved my writing style back then!

3.) I've been a huge fan of pop-punk since I was about 12 (no surprise there) and I love when I find a new, or new to me, band that exudes passion for this type of music! Handguns song called "Fingers Crossed" has been on repeat in my car all week long. My ears are very happy!

4.) Loving Fun.! Their song "We are Young" evokes so much emotion and is a pretty great anthem for this weekend! The video is really interesting too! Go here  to take a listen.

5.) Don't These coconut donuts look divine? And I'm obsessed with the Blueberry Oat Bars (made with spinach) from Deceptively Delicious.


6.) This floral wrap dress is amazing and so are these Jeffrey Campbells! Best of all, both are on sale!


I hope everyone has a fun weekend! What kind of fun does everyone have planned? Do you go all out in celebrating Cesar Chavez Day like we do here in good ole Chico?

- xo Janae



No comments:

Post a Comment