Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Weekend Fun!

Whew! What.a.weekend. I've been laying here on my couch exhausted in my jammies all day today and I'm finally awake enough to throw this post together. I've had one of the funnest weekends full with friends, smiles, and great times and have been going full force since Friday night.  I drove home from Chico Friday after work and after a quick wardrobe change headed off to San Francisco to see a dj by the name of Feed Me with a few great friends. It was a new experience for me as I'm not a frequent listener of electronic music but I ended up having a great time and danced my face off!


Saturday I woke up pretty late which was sooo nice, and met up with my roommate Alyssa and my best friend from High School, Ashley and headed off to Santa Cruz for a fun concert night with our friends Iration. (If you haven't checked out their music already, I highly recommend it!) Our first stop was at a local coffee shop called Baristas and it was necessary that we all indulge in a Shamrock shake. We were all VERY happy girls despite the fact that we had to skip the beach because of rainy weather.                                     





After some quick (and rainy) shopping in Downtown Santa Cruz we headed to our hotel to get ready for the night ahead. Ashley was awesome as usual and did both mine and Alyssa's make up and made us look pretty hot if I do say so myself! We spent most of the night before the show on the bus catching up with dear and missed friends and then took to the side stage for dancing and singing along to our favorite Iration songs (mines called "Wait and See"). We were all smiles the whole night and had such a great time catching up with everyone and just enjoying the music and great St. Paddy's day vibes over probably way too many Irish Car Bombs.



This morning we literally rolled out of the queen bed we all squeezed into and headed to my favorite eatery in SC called Cafe Brasil. Seriously some of the best food I've ever consumed and the perfect hangover cure! I had an Acai Bowl and one of their famous and Delicious Banana Pancakes. 

I had such an amazing weekend and the great vibes definitely created some warm sun on what was a physically dreary couple of days. I am so thankful to have amazing friends and the opportunity to have these fun weekends away! Now, it's back to reality to work the rest of my Spring Break away and getting myself all caught up on some essay writing. I hope everyone had an amazing, fun, and safe weekend!
xoxo
- Janae
Ps: I'll be on bloglovin now!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3582755/sensibly-sewn?claim=er2nzgwdm8y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment